May 12, 2020
The Metal Fabricator position creates the miscellaneous steel products for P&M Steel by operating machine shop equipment and welding under the supervision and direction of the Metal Fabrication Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The number one responsibility of the Metal Fabricator is to complete the ordered products per project specifications in an efficient and safe manner. This includes:
- Lays out, positions and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using knowledge of welding techniques and engineering requirements.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the metal fabrication supervisor.
- Accurately reports time tracking for project costs.
- Communicates progress status to metal fabrication supervisor for scheduling.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance from metal fabrication supervisor.
- High School diploma or Equivalent, required.
- Associates degree in welding, preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing related experience, preferred.
- Welding Certification, preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, preferred.
P&M Steel looks for the following core values in all employees:
- Community: Promote – Grow – And give back when you can
- Team Oriented: Work together to build a positive team and family spirit
- Integrity: Do what’s right, legally and morally
- Commitment: Dedicated to the success of our customers, fellow team members and community
- Reliability: Dependable and consistent
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibrations. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions from the weather. Noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to be on their feet for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Hand dexterity and arm-hand steadiness. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and must work 36 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional requirement to work overtime hours, including weekend hours.